Does my contractor need a license?

All contractors operating within the City of Green River are required to hold and maintain a City of Green River issued Contractor’s License (holding a Rock Springs Contractor’s License does not negate this requirement).  When selecting your contractor ask them who their sub-contractors will be for the project (i.e. electrician, plumber, etc.).  Ask the contractor to provide copies of their Contractor’s License (for them as well as the sub-contractors).  You can also contact the Development Services Department at 307-872-6140 to find out the licensing status of any contractor.  In addition to their Contractor’s License, ask to see their Certificate of Insurance. This will allow you to see how they are insured.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a business license?
2. How do I get a contractor’s license?
3. Where can I find the Zoning Map for Green River?
4. Do I need a building permit?
5. Can I do my own plumbing, mechanical or electrical work?
6. What happens after I receive my permit?
7. How long does it take to get a permit?
8. Does my contractor need a license?
9. What are the current construction codes for the City of Green River?
10. Who needs a business License? When do I need a Business License?
11. How Do I apply for a Business License?
12. How do I get a contractor’s license?
13. Can I run a business from my home?
14. What is Zoning?
15. When is a Zoning Permit (Approval) required?
16. How do I find my property lines?
17. What are the setbacks and other limitations for structures on my lot?
18. How do I measure setbacks?
19. What does “Grandfathered” mean?
20. What are the zoning standards regarding a fence?